background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Kite

What a beautiful day we had here in South Carolina.  Sunshine, blue skies and temperatures in the 60's called me outside several times.  My post this evening is a water color I worked on today.  This company www.joannasheen.com is located in Devon, England. This was purchased at www.Oozak.com (one of my top favorite websites).
 I used Marvy Markers with a #5 brush and white palette to color this image.  After I finished it I sealed it with MicroGlaze, a product of JudiKins, which is a jar of waxy substance that is rubbed over the surface and then I use a paper towel or cloth to polish and smooth. This way the water color is protected from any accidental wet splashes. The finished image is 6-1/4" x 4-1/2".
I would love to hear from those visiting my blog.....




Stamp:  Joanna Sheen "Kite" FW905
Marvy Markers: 
#2 Red
#12 Grey
#13 Ochre
#17 Steel Blue
#20 Magenta
#27 Olive Brown
#30 Rosewood
#36 Manganese Blue
#45 Sepia
#50 Ultramarine
#57 Rose Pink
#72 Pine Green
#75 Sky Blue
#96 Jungle Green
#100 Sapphire
#107 Eggplant
Watercolor paper Strathmore 140#
Judikins MicroGlaze


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary; Love your watercolors. They are just perfect for any occasion. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a GREAT DAY!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.