background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Getting Ready for 2011

Does 2011 seem odd to anyone else but me? Seems like yesterday (an old phrase but so true) that we were all worrying about the calendars changing from 1999 to 2000 and "shwish" here we are on the verge of 2011. Well I want to wish everyone a Happy Healthy and Prosperous 2011.  Last year was full of ups and downs.  A good friend choose not to be friends anymore. And I was fired from my volunteer job just when I was enjoying it the most.  But God has replaced the losses with so many many good things.  Our youngest daughter, Sarah, married the love of her life.I got reacquainted  with a cousin that I haven't seen for over 40 years! And his family live within driving distance. Our stamping group is meeting at our church, Powdersville Community Church at Exit 40, and having a good time. The church has been very gracious to us, letting us meet for free, and now I am ready for an announcement!  
                    Starting Saturday, January 15th at 10:00 am
                    we will meet once a month to work on Tim Holtz 
                    Tags with Micki Switzer and myself leading the
                    group.
                    You are welcome to come and work on other 
                    samples if you do not want to do the tags.
                    All I can say is put it on your calendar and come
                    join the fun!


I have started finally to work on some new samples for next Thursday, January 6th.  Here is the first one:
Valentine Cupid (outside)

        Are you ready for Valentines! I am.  Put all my Christmas stamps away for now.  The cupid is a Penny Black stamp I have had for awhile.  Come meet with us on January 6th or 15th and you can make this card or just stamp the image.
Stamp:  Penny Black 1629H Cherub love
             Paper Inspirations 10222 Valentine
             All night media 841D Checkerboard hand stamp
Paper:  Annalee Prima Mkt 6 x 6 pad
Punch: Martha Stewart Cherish PAP
Copics:
E0000, E00
BG0000, B12
G21, G24
Y11, Y15
R02, R22, R27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.