background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chapel Window

I hope 2011 has started well for everyone.  I have been busy finishing my samples for Art Impressions.  My assignment this month was the "Windows on the World" stamps with an Easter theme.  I love these miniature pieces of art. They were colored with copic markers.  The sentiment around the Chapel window says "May Hope fill your days, joy fill your lives and love fill your heart".
Stamp:  Art Impressions M-3191 Chapel Window
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Martha Stewart Punch "Cherish"
Copic Markers:  G21, G24, G28, YG11, YG21, E31, E35, E39, W00, W1, B000, BG0000, BV02, R0000, Y19, Multiliner Black 0.03
Chapel Window on the World
Version 2
This next card is called Bunny in the Tulips.  In order to use the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page this card is 5" square.  The sentiment says "May your basket over flow with joy and sunshine this Easter season".
Stamp:  Art Impressions Windows on the World "Bunny in the Tulips" M-3311.
Punch:  Martha Stewart
Copic Markers:  BV00, BV0000, BV02, BV04, E11, E13, E15, G0000, G21, G24, B21, B24, R11, R37, Y17, YG21, W2

Bunny in the Tulips

This is the last Windows on the World card that I did this month. I like this one especially because of the perspective from a close up peak in the nest to the fields and trees in the distance and it is framed with pansies. Who doesn't like pansies? Not me. I love pansies.  This was fun to color and I got to decorate the eggs!
Stamp:  Art Impressions Easter Egg Nest Windows on the World M-3313
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Martha Stewart Punch
Copics:  E11, E13, E15, R37, BV00, BV04, Y11, Y17, B21, B24, BG0000, YG01, YG21, G21, G24, W2, W0, RV00
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder "Scroll Work"

Easter Egg Nest




I saved the best (I think) for last.  Mainly because with the weather we are experiencing now who wouldn't want to "think Spring!"  Can't you just picture the buds coming out, the leaves opening up and turning everything "Spring Green"! That's what I thought about as I colored these images.  I hope you enjoyed my "taste of spring".  I have a favorite rubber stamp, you know, the ones you just Have to Have?  It says, " No winter lasts forever....every spring must take it's turn".  
Stamp:  Art Impressions "Bunny Girl" 1779
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Punch:  Martha Stewart "spring"
Copics:  Y13, Y18, YG21, R81, R83, R85, RV00, BV00, BV02, W00, W2, G21



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary;
    Your samples are GREAT. Your work is always outstanding. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.hapycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.