background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hero Arts 3D Christmas trees

My friend Christine who lives in Georgia asked me to post this card.  It is one that I did awhile ago for the store where I no longer work.  It is in the Hero Arts catalog and I just tried to duplicate their sample.
It is a clear set.
1. I stamped each tree in the set (one large and two small) 3 times.
2, Cut each tree out cutting outside of the line.
3, Use the copic markers starting with the darkest green (G09) in the center.
4. Add the medium (G03) and then YG03 on the outside edges blending them all.
5. Color trunk using the browns. (E35, E39).
6. Score thru the middle of each tree from the top of the tree to the bottom of the trunk using the score-pal or tool of your choice.
7. Add adhesive to the back of each tree (I ran mine thru the Xyron create-a-sticker 1.5")
8. Join each tree together leaving one side open.
9. Adhere the trees to the front of your card.
10.Stamp and embellish.
note:  The trees fold flat for mailing.

Card Front
Information on back of card

1 comment:

  1. Just love all the samples. Hope this post goes thru. M&J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.