background

Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas Tim Holtz

Ok....so I haven't posted for a few days but I have been busy stamping.  Working on my Art Impression samples for December and hope to finish them up tomorrow.  Then Tim Holtz started posting his 12 Tags of Christmas and I have had sooooooooo much fun doing the tags and the techniques and the challenges they pose.
I have completed 3 of the 5 tags so far.  I wasn't able to do Tag #2 because I didn't have the stamp or any substitute I could use.  Got it ordered on line for $16.95 with free shipping! Regularly costs $21.95.  Not bad.
Please check out Tim's website  www.timholtz.typepad.com  to get the complete instructions w/pictures and even a video to make these tags. Awesome techniques. Thank you Micki for taking the pictures of my tags.
On tag #4 it called for a background of scrapbook paper that had a Santa on it.  I didn't have this paper but I did have the stamp.  I used a white #8 tag, stamped the Santa with Momento London Fog, colored it with Copic markers.  Then I embossed the snowflakes using clear embossing powder to use as a resist.  I used blue distress ink (stormy sky, faded jeans) to get the blue background.  The snowflakes remained white because of the clear embossing powder. I followed the rest of the instructions by Tim Holtz for this tag.
Tag #1
Tag #3
 
Tag #4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.