background

Friday, November 12, 2010

Outside view
Inside view

This is today's creation....and did I have fun doing it.  This is another Rubbernecker stamp I recently purchased.  It is has been a beautiful fall day here in South Carolina and I hope yours as well.  About my card, I first stamped it with Momento Tuxedo black ink on Neanah solar white cardstock and colored it using my Copic markers.  I colored the dress and hat using E30, E33, and E35.  The skin colors I used were E000, E02 and R02.  I added R17 for lipstick and used BG000 for eye shadow.  Her jewelry and handkerchief are colored using BG000 and BG01.  Her hair I used W1.  I shadowed the whole image using W2.

I trimmed the paper to 3.25" x 5"  and used the Martha Stewart Deco corner punch (42-60001)and then used the
Blending applicator from Tim Holtz and the Distress Ink Tea Dye pad.to distress the piece.  I used DMC cotton floss to add stitching to the corners by threading thru a embroidery needle.  The Deco punch has two small holes on the inside base of the corner punch.  I ran the thread thru these holes around the whole piece.

I pop dotted with Bazzil True Teal and the under mat was made using Graphic 45 Renaissance Faire Collection #4500107 and a dark brown cardstock.  I scored the front and inside using the Scor-it and the corners were rounded on the True Teal and black base cardstock.  The jewels are from Prima. #530488 SHP Strip Cream.

Inside I matted the edges with the same Graphic 45 Renaissance Faire Collection.  The liner was cut 5" x 6-3/4" as per instructions for the Martha Stewart Punch around the Page "Embroidered Floral" 42-40061 (edge) and Embroidered Floral 42050031 (corner).

Stamps used:  Rubbernecker Danielle 271-02, Hero Arts My Heart Smiles D3314, Hero Arts Heart Stem A4931.

I hope you enjoy this posting.  If you would like to make this card I will have everything but the paper and gems at our next get-together at Powdersville Community Church on Thursday at 10am - until.

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Mary this card turned out beautiful. I can't wait to get started on mine. I hope I can do it justice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.