background

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Buttons and Bows

Bella

My computer was have "remote maintenance" performed last night so even though I finished this card last evening I wasn't able to post it until this morning.  That is so weird to have someone working/using your computer and they are somewhere else...probably even in another country.  But it's back now in my control so here you go.

Today is going to be difficult for awhile as this is the first Altered Book Club meeting at the store since my departure there.. I usually attend but since I am not allowed in the store I have planned a road trip with friends and we are going to Landrum, N.C. to check out "One Scrappy Chick".  They are having good sales prior to closing the doors.  I liked this store and always hate to hear of another scrapbook/stamping/paper crafting store being closed but I understand the reason and wish her God's blessings on her new endeavor.

Back to "Bella".  (Rubbernecker stamp "Bella" 210-02)  This is lady #3 of the 4 stamps I bought. I hope you like her....slightly different era.  Reminds me of the 60's.  She is stamped on Neenah Solar White using Momento Tuxedo Black.  I colored her with Copic Markers:  E000, E01, R02; E11, E13; BG11, BG34, BG45; C2. I distressed the edges with TH Distress Ink "Broken China" using the blending tool.  Next I matted her on Glitter paper. The card base is Bazzil "Atlantic".   I used an old border stamp from Paper Inspirations called "Ornamental Borders 3" LCS251 and I found it at this website. www.paperinspirations.com/.../LCS251-Ornamental-Borders )


I stamped the border in black next to the right edge of the card and then trimmed the right edge. A ribbon was added (a piece of scrap I found in my stash) that matched the dress and paper and a button out of my button jar.  I clipped off the back before glueing the button down with "Fabri Tac".  Love this glue. I added a strip of scrapbook paper that I thought matched the mood of the card on the inside to give contrast to the trimmed border.


Please leave a comment if you can as I enjoy the feedback.  Three down and one to go.......  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.