background

Wednesday, April 18, 2012



Welcome blog hoppers! I purchased several Magnolia stamps a couple of years ago (time flies) colored them up with Copic Markers and never have used them.  I like this group because it motivates me to pull out some of those oldies but goodies and make them into cards.  It's like putting life back into something that has been sitting in storage and waiting for a very long time.

This stamp is "Bubbling Tilda". She was colored with Copic Markers. After cutting her out I distressed the edge of the white paper with TH Distress Ink Victorian Velvet to soften the cut edge.  Then I put her on a piece of Once Upon a Time scrapbook paper. (Tilda is actually covering up a horse that was on the scrapbook paper.)  I thought that the bubbles on the paper could look like she was blowing them. Flowers were added over her head (from a scrapbook paper scrap) and Glossy Accents to the flower petals.  This way it looks like she is blowing dewdrops on the flowers. It was matted on a Bazzil light blue cardstock and another piece of scrapbook paper to pull out the blue violet and the deep purple color.

Recipe:
Stamp:  Bubbling Tilda FT10
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
        Tim Holtz Distress ink Victorian Velvet
Copic Markers:
Skin E000, E00, E11, R20
Hair E02, E11, E29
Dress:  C1-C3
Wings: C1-C3, BV01-BV000, V15

If you are participating in the Blog Hop here is the map:
Blog Links:
1. Vicki Patranc - http://bountifulblessings2u.blogspot.com/   (starting point)

2. Cindy Johnsen Pec http://www.cindysantics.blogspot.com/

3. Mary Witter http://www.marywitter.blogspot.com/      (You are Here)

4. Cindy Grigiski http://www.stampwithmecindyg.com/     (Next stop)

5. Maria Matter http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/

6. Sue Morris http://www.suessentiments.org/

7. Barb Wibel http://madeforkeeps.blogspot.com/

8. Heather Dennis http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/

9. Gina Lindsay http://ginasmakingsandmusings.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary! Just beautiful! All the thought you put into this card! Love the colors! So glad we could "hop" together! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so much fun. Hope more will join in next month. Thanks for letting me be a part of this. I love it!

      Delete
  2. absolutely beautiful Mary!!! love your bubbly background for this image!!
    hugs & blessings

    hop,hop,hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so very pretty. All the colors, design papers, etc. just are perfect together. I just want to blow those bubbles around! Reminds me of the toys we had as children....sigh. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, it just kinda fell together. Remind me to pick up some bubbles to bring to the church.....lol

      Delete
  4. Lovely card, Mary! She is a cutie!! Love the sparkle and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, this is so pretty! I'm glad you let this adorable image see the light of day! Great colors and composition. Love hopping with you today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, love hopping with you too! Everyone does such a great job creating something for this hop. I sure love it.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful card- love the sweet image- love the colors and the bubbles are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly for hopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  7. Very pretty. I love the scene you created with the bubbles being the dew drops on the flowers. Very creative. Thanks for playing this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it....My husband laughs at me because every once in awhile I make something that makes me squeal because it just seems to go together or work well when it wasn't planned. This card was one of those. Only problem I had was that now the card is missing....lost. I was fortunate that I had already scanned it so it was on my computer. I am sure it will surface sometime. Maybe her wings took her away.....

      Delete
  8. Your comment made me chuckle...or maybe I should say "bubble" over!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love that image and the paper really does look like she is blowing bubbles. Perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! What a sweet image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.