background

Monday, December 26, 2011

Card for my Grandson

Ok stampers I do have to explain this one.  My oldest Grandson, former Marine and having done a tour of duty in Afghanistan has chosen a career that might not be agreeable to everyone but after what he has been through I figure he is old enough to make his own decisions and has the right to do so.  He is currently apprenticing at a tattoo shop in North Carolina.  He is a good artist.   So I had to make a card that would appeal to him, right?  Well this was totally out of my normal card making style.  What do you think?
I used the Cuttlebug Diamond Plate to make the background using metal adhesive back paper, matted on red cardstock and put on a black card.  The sticker is by EK success/Sticko and are dimensional.  I put the sticker on red cardstock and trimmed around it.  I used a folded piece of acrylic to pop it up so that it moves (wiggles).  The back ground is another sticker and is from Heidi Swapp called Damask #HS64203.  He loved it and the best part was what he said after I gave it to him, "Grandma, I will keep it forever!"

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! My son is a skull fan, and he would flip over it as well. Fine job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! It really looks like it would fit the recipient better than your usual style - great for you for stepping outside your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.