background

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Designing Diva's Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog...blog hoppers! I hope you will take the time to view some of my previous postings.  I started blogging in May of 2010 and have added almost 160 posts.  I have been asked what medium is my favorite and my answer is, "When I am using Copics, it is my favorite; but when I am watercoloring, it is my favorite!".  What a conundrum... I posted today a watercolor and of course, it is my favorite! I use Art Impressions method of watercolor using Marvy Markers, a pallet and #5 brush. If you are not familiar with this technique I have included a video by Bonnie Krebs, owner of Art Impressions stamps.   Happy Blog Hopping! Next stop:  chrissyd723.blogspot.com


Kite





Kite Recipe:
Stamp:  Joanna Sheet "Kite" FW905
Marvy Markers:
#2 Red
#12 Grey
#13 Ochre
#17 Steel Blue
#20 Magenta
#27 Olive Brown
#30 Rosewood
#36 Manganese Blue
#45 Sepia
#50 Ultramarine
#57 Rose Pink
#72 Pine Green
#75 Sky Blue
#96 Jungle Green
#100 Sapphire
#107 Eggplant
Watercolor paper 140#
Judikins MicroGlaze (to seal)

Tip of the day:  I just went to Office Depot to pick up a 1" binder for 8'1/2" x 11" papers and the least expensive I could find was $4.69 and I wanted to get at least 3.....well I loaded up my arms and walked around the aisle cap and low and behold:  1 case of 12 binders 1" for $29.99. What A DEAL!
Then when I checked out (I had picked up a desk calendar too) the total was $26.48 with tax. Well, the case of binders had an instant savings of $10. So I got 12 binders for $19.99....or $1.66 each! I love surprises that save me money, don't you!


















11 comments:

  1. Mary, this is beautiful! I'm afraid it would take a lot more patience than I have! What talent you have!! Could you possibly add the link to Chris's blog in your post? Then folks can click over to the next stop. The blog links are posted on the Design DIVAS FB page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/designdivas1/ Thanks so much for hopping with us and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful water coloring & shading. Lovely card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I love your coloring style and this scene is so pretty! It makes me long for the beach! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and I have added you to my favorites. Good to have you hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful water coloring - thanks so much for sharing the video! and way to go at Office Depot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!! That is such a cute image! Your coloring is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coloring on this is superb. I love the soft watercolor feel. Thanks for the tutorial. I will definitely be giving this technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely Mary. Your water coloring is wonderful. Thanks for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Mary, this is so very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your watercolour card! The colours are so soft and gentle for spring.
    Great deal on the binders. Gotta love good surprises like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is just WOW!!! I LOVE the watercolor.Something I have been afraid to try.. but want to now~
    Gorgeous card!!! So soft, sweet and serene.

    Sorry it took me so long to hop... :((

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.