background

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Birthday with Honey Pop

Grandson #3 who lives in Texas is about to have his birthday, March 31st, so trying not to procrastinate.  I have just finished his card.  Ever since Tim Holtz used HoneyPop paper on his February tag, I have been anxious to try it out on a card.  I purchased the paper and stamps to use with it from Inky Antics.  So here is my first pass at it....


Card Front




         Card Inside

Stamping Tip:
This stamp set is a clear acrylic set and I don't know about you but I hate it when my clear stamps get stained and I can't get them clean.  Well I was watching a YouTube video where the stamp set used was a clear set and I wondered why she was inking it up with a VersaMark Ink when that was not called as being used.  I figured it out....if you stamp FIRST with VersaMark and then with the colored ink it doesn't stain and the stamp is clean as new after a quick cleaning. Who would of ever known.....I sure didn't.


Recipe:

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Stamps:  Inky Antics 11026MC Cupcake Birdy

Spellbinders:  Classic Scalloped Ovals Small
                       Classic Ovals Small
Punch:  Martha Stewart Swirling Lace 42-60051

Paper:  Inky Antics HoneyPop collection

Copic Markers:  R32, R37, R39, R81, R83, R85, B00, B12, B16, G21, Y19

1 comment:

  1. This is beyond adorable. The honeycomb paper really makes the inside. Great job. Thanks for the versa mark tip. Will have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.