background

Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Space

The Very Beginning
My first stamping work space was a shared room with my husband's home office.  I had a very small computer desk plus two drawers for stamping supplies.  More than enough storage room for my new hobby. That was the beginning of a fast paced journey.  In just a couple of years I went from that small space to converting our formal living room (15' x 25') into my growing need for storage, space AND organization.  It filled up quickly.  In 2007 we decided to sell our home and move into a 37 foot Fusion RV Toy Hauler to accommodate David's new consulting business and not knowing where this new business would take us..  The Toy Hauler model was my idea....it gave me 8' x 12' space to condense my home studio into a "portable" studio.  This required a lot of thought and preparation but also some drastic reduction decisions. (Heavens No...did not go on a diet!!) Through the experience I believe I have scaled down and used the space I have most efficiently even as my collection has grown..

My work Space
One of my best investments in this surgical reduction of my space was a desk purchased from Stamps and More by Eleanor which is made by The Best Scrapbook Shelf Company.  The top surface is extra wide...enough that two people could work facing each other.  This gave me 28" x 52" of surface space plus I choose to have twenty 1" drawers on each side.  On the right side I have all my word/verse stamps separated in categories and on the left side are all my Penny Black, Hero Arts, PSX wood mounted stamps in categories of flowers, leaves, trees, etc.  Currently on the top of my desk I have The Best Scrapbook Shelf cubes which hold a supply of basic car dstock and stamping supplies.  I keep my Genesis 12"  paper cutter on a table to my left.along with my card size Scor-it stored under the Genesis. Everyone's space and needs are different but as basic needs for all rubber stamp artists. That will have to wait for another post as my posting time is gone.  Got to get to the store.  Have a great day and check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Pictures, pictures, please. Phootgraphs of how you organized so much into such a compact area would be impressive. Nice article. MAH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.