background

Monday, April 16, 2012

UK Blogger Neil Walker


This evening I want to share a blog that I discovered and knew you, well most of you would love.  I happen to have the Tim Holtz Sizzix Reindeer die and I am anxious to try this.  So thank you Neil for sharing "Olly the Ostrich" with us here on the other side of the pond.  BTW, I did email Neil and he gave me permission to share this.  One request...go visit his blog and tell him thank you!


Drum roll please............I present
Neil Walker from the UK


Die cuts with a difference....

Good morning everyone
Hope you are all well. Today it's my turn over at the Craft Barn where this week we are looking at die cuts but looking at them differently; trying to see the possibilities...........
So without further ado I'd like to introduce you to Olly the Ostrich.
He is descended from a long line of distinguished reindeer; also known as Sir Tim of Holtz, fanciful flight die! Isn't he cute? Then of course there is his little brother; now he's a little bit eccentric, and his fashion sense, hmmmmmmm
The details of the "how" are on the Craft Barn blog too but I've decided to add them here too.
The process is pretty straightforward as you will see from the next photo!


You can see by this picture what to do next. In the middle I've shaded in black the areas you need to cut away from the original shape on the left to leave you with the shape on the right.
(tip; keep one cut shape as a template so you can easily make more!)




For the first tag I kept it more realistic by using natural colours and a feather before mounting it onto a tag which I'd stamped onto with Katzelkraft stamps and then mounting that tag onto a second tag cut from corrugated card
For the second, smaller one cut out from the mini reindeer I had much more fun, using brighter colours and playing around with pens I created my "Zebritch" which worked together nicely with the sentiment for a fun and quirky tag which I popped into my journal because I liked it so much!
He (or she) is standing on a shape cut out of the Artful dwellings die and the tag has been inked and stamped with distress inks and a bit of masking added too.
Have some fun today!

(End of Neil's post)

Now wasn't that fun!  I am going to get my die cut out asap and will post my creativity.  Send me yours and I will add it with mine. Let's create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.