background

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Three Whoots

This is the card I made for the Art Impression's blog for the introduction of the Whoots line of stamps today.  To texture the owls, instead of using my Copic markers to blend, I used the markers to dab with to give the illusion of feathers.  I still used 3 markers per color, a light, medium and dark. (I know I went out on a limb here using the dotted method of coloring these owls. I would love to know your honest opinion on whether you like this "feathered approach" vs. a solid blended technique)  Glossy Accents were added to the eyes after coloring the center with Y02.
The branch was die cut from chipboard and the Sizzix Tim Holtz Tree Branch and then distressed with Distress Ink Gathered Twigs, trimmed to fit.



Stamp:  Art Impressions Whoots  Owl wearing a hat
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
        Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathered Twigs
Copic Markers:
E31, E34, E37 (feathers)
Y17, Y02 (beak, eyes)
RV55, RV52, RV21 (hat #1)
BV000, BV02, BV04 (hat #2)
BG11, BG15, BG18 (hat #3)

Glossy Accents (eyes)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Regina, glad you liked it. I wasn't sure about coloring it this way. I tried the "normal" Copic blending technique and didn't like it. So it's o.k. with you?

      Delete
  2. Honest opinion? OK...here goes. I like this technique much much better than those I saw on FB that had been submitted by the other DT members. I left a comment, asking where was DT member MFW, as I had seen her card, and it was adorable. Your feathers look very realistic, and don't look like dots, when you look at the entirety...of course, once you mention 'dots', then one sees the dots. I also like that you did 3 owls, put them on the limb. I like this one a great deal more than the others I saw, and they were very good too. That's honest as I can get! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.