background

Friday, December 7, 2012

PSX Royal Rabbit Christmas Card

I'm back on track.  So sorry.  Life just got so busy.  I do apologize.  I hope you will forgive my slackness by enjoying this card I created today.  Our Altered Book Club is meeting tomorrow and we are celebrating Christmas with food and gift exchange.  I wanted to make a special card to go with my gift.  The stamp is a vintage PSX created by Pamela Silin-Palmer and lists Santa Rosa, California as the location which really dates it. I first saw it when doing some volunteer cleaning out at The Mercantile Store in Pendleton, SC.  They no longer had the stamp but the sample caught my eye and it was a "must have" if you know what I mean.  We bonded. ;-) It took me 6 months until one became available on Ebay. The rabbit reminded me of when we would celebrate St. Lucia day with cousins in Texas. They asked our daughter to represent St. Lucia, to wear the crown of candles and pass around the rolls. It was a great memory.....and I just love this stamp.
If you have any questions on how I created, colored, etc....please don't hesitate to ask.  I am more than willing to share any small amount of knowledge I have.  Thanks for looking.



Recipe:
PSX Stamp Royal Rabbit K7104
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Copic Markers:
0, C1, C3
YR20, YR23, YR27
R01, R22, R29, R39
G94, YG03
E09
Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium Collection 8 x 8 pad

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous card for your re-entry into posting. I am positive the recipient is going to love this one. Your coloring is exquisite and the gold tones here are perfection. The background papers really enhance the image of Mr. Wabbit (or is is MRS?), ie - the candle motif - and love the smoke detail of the candles. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.