background

Monday, September 3, 2012

Altered Post Card Seashells

Next Saturday is our local Altered Book Club meeting.  One of my commitments is to do a postcard on the subject of Seashells.  This one took some thinking on my part. After stewing on the project for about 3 weeks I finally decided to do something totally different.  Now you know I love watercolor but when I do a watercolor project it is with stamps and markers.  When searching on the internet on seashells I ran across a children's book about collecting seashells and the artwork for the book blew me away.  So, here is my first watercolor where I DREW the image....not a stamp in sight.  Something weird happened while I was painting.  Do you see the image of a heart between the girls hand and her face?  Well I didn't do that.  It appeared on it's own I assume the way the water worked on the paper??? I decided to leave it. What do you think?

Front



back

3 comments:

  1. THIS is FAN-tastic! You did a terrific job at drawing, & I think the 'heart' was meant to be there. If you didn't do it, then you'd better think of WHO did! TFS...you're on your way with this one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary. I hope you enjoyed every part of this journey. Keep it up..it is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary..I hope you enjoyed every moment of creating this piece. Keep it up. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I hope to use the comments to encourage me to learn and improve the posts here. I would especially like comments that would show me the type of posts you would like to see such as Copics, watercolor or other techniques or organization ideas.